Monday, May 3, 2010

Nobody Wants to Hear That

Location: Second Floor of Jester

Utilities: 2 Urinals, 1 Toilet, 2 Sinks, Paper Towels and foam soap dispensers

As many of you know, I have been on a long journey to find a suitable bathroom to use that's both close to Jester City Limits and hospitable to humans. Today, my search continued as I ventured all the way up to the second floor of Jester. I didn't really know where I was going because being an engineering student who lives on the North side of campus I've never really been on the second floor of Jester. I wasn't even sure there were any bathrooms up there, but soon enough I came across them on the West side of the building.

Upon entry you have to walk through this oddly long hallway. At first I was apprehensive (especially knowing how terrible the first floor bathroom was) and the suspense built as I traversed the long path. What I found was a delightful surprise though. It was a clean, little bathroom with an interesting beige color scheme. There was no pattern in the floor tiles, which was a little weird to look at but not terribly distracting, and the window was large and effectively brightened the whole room. It was all pretty clean, and the smell was minimal.

However, I hadn't really thought about this upon entry but as I began my business I noticed the door to the bathroom was open, not the stall door but the door to the bathroom itself. The entire time I was going I could hear everyone moving around outside in Jester and couldn't help but think about them being able to hear me as well. This was a sort of unnerving. Another issue I didn't come across until I was leaving is that there aren't any convenient stairwells if, like me, you exit Jester through the 21st street doors to get to the bus stop, making this bathroom a little further out of the way than I would like.

I'm going to give this one 4 flushes out of 5. Its a nice little bathroom if you don't mind the walk and a little white noise while your making your brown noise.

1 comment: